I never actually feel my age. Like you don’t wake up on your birthday and feel 20? Right? Unless some of you do.. (tell me how 20 feels). So I spend my time reflecting on what I learnt during my 19th year of living.
Here’s my list of 20 things I learnt before I turned 20
1. Trust your gut. For some reason it’s always right.
2. Do what makes you happy – spoil yourself.
3. Learn to appreciate people, even with saying thank you, or giving back. Make sure people around you are appreciated.
4. Home is home. Home may change, home may even be a person. It’s even possible that you have more than one home.
5. Don’t be kedekut with knowledge. The more you give the more you get.
6. Love the way you love. Just because you love in a different way than someone else is loving, don’t think the way you’re loving is wrong.
7. Follow every cute animal accounts for an everyday cheer up- @tobypuff my favourite right now.
8. MAKAN ON TIME IF NOT GASTRIC ALINA.
9. Be confident. Being shy doesn’t get you anywhere.
10. When you look good, you’ll feel good.
11. Your age does not define you. You define your age. Just because I’m 20 y/o doesn’t mean I have to act like a 20 y/o.
12. I actually like living alone. Living at my own pace. Not having to cater to anyone else other than myself.
13. LAUGH. Laugh at everything. If someone spilled water on you, laugh. If you’ve embarrassed yourself, laugh.
14. If you’re having a bad week, it’s okay to take a day off. There should be something such as an emotional day off.
15. Always always be grateful. Life could be worse
16. Dont care about what people think of you, as long as you are proud of who you are. Sod what other people think of you.
17. Have a “go to” outfit to always wear when you’re blocked on what to wear.
18. Make others happy. With a joke, with a kind gesture – just spread happiness and good vibes man.
19. Take your time. University – life , isn’t a race. Everyone should do things at their own pace. No need to compare your timeline with others.
20. Shit, I am old