I have a friend, Alia Soraya, an aspiring living the dream fashion journalists who would pop up out of nowhere in the group chat and bombard us with random questions. I thought, I would publish this one. Make it a Q & A series, interesting no ?
- What’s your philosophy in life?
You are not truly living unless you’ve changed other lives.
- What was the best phase in your life?
My gap year phase. The search for myself phase. 2016- the whole year was a phase. Discovering my style, my individuality, my self confidence, my skills, myself.
- What was the worst phase in your life?
The cringe worthy year of 2011. When I was 15? Thinking I’m an adult when I truly was not. Obviously. Wearing clothes that didn’t fit me, trying to conform to a group that I myself didn’t understand. The year I was running away from who I truly was.
- Is what you’re doing now what you always wanted to do growing up?
Getting a tertiary degree was never a question, having education be the most important aspect of life was what I was taught. But at this age, 21 this year.. my younger self would’ve expected something far greater than just studying. Like Justin Bieber was famous at what .. 16? Malala won a nobel prize at 17? What have I achieved? I just wanted something greater to do.. well I saw myself doing something much greater than this.
- What makes you feel accomplished?
The feeling of not knowing the time and realising it’s time to go home to head to bed after a long tiring day.
- Would you ever take back someone who cheated?
- When do you think a person is ready for marriage?
Once they’ve truly fallen in love with themselves and is willing to share that love with someone else.
- Who is that one person you can talk to about just anything?
- Do you judge a book by its cover?
Yeap, literally – I like minimal book covers if not artistic ones. Or old looking ones. People – I start judging once they start talking. It’s like judging the blurb.
- Are you confrontational?
I’m confrontational if i believe that’s the best way to handle the situation.
- Do you believe in second chances?
Hopeless romantic in me – yes. Realist in me – no
- What did your past relationship teach you?
Don’t be blind. You’re worth much more than that. He ain’t all that.
- What do you think about when you’re by yourself?
Why am I alive… why is my soul put into this body… why this body… why can’t I stop eating